Achieving athletes — Aug. 21
BP duo qualify
Mackenzie and Maggie Dokmanovich successfully participated in the Potter County qualifier and traveled to the North Central District VIII 4-H Horse Show held recently at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Brookville, Pa.
Mackenzie qualified in Western grooming and showmanship junior division, western pleasure ponies (over 13 hands, not over 14.2) and Western horsemanship junior rider with Zips Fire N Ice and in miniature horse driving junior division with Raders Irsul The Third.
Maggie qualified in English grooming and showmanship junior division and Hunter Under saddle ponies (13 hands and under) with Stone Ridge Serendipity and in miniature horse driving junior division with Cross Country Ragdoll.
They are the daughters of Patrice and Michael Dokmanovich of Bethel Park and granddaughters of Georgia Murphy.
For five years, Sam Underwood has trained and competed in triathlons but this month, the 11-year-old McMurray resident took home a trophy. Underwood, who suffers from Cystic Fibrosis, grabbed the bronze medal in his age group. He covered the course, which included swimming, cycling and running, in 21:14 to finish third.
Making the grade
Joshua Kammeraad of Bethel Park completed his career at Hope College with accolades. In addition to earning three letters for cross country and track, he was named to the academic honor roll for the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association. To make the list, a student-athlete had to maintain a minimum of a 3.5 GPA for the year.
Achieving athletes — Aug. 21
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
South Hills Village undergoing renovation (87)
Piece of former Mayview property taken by eminent domain (54)
Carla Hall of ‘The Chew’ visiting Giant Eagle Market District (52)
Bethel Park wins national hockey championship (50)
Twerking conversation has gone on too long (49)
South Hills Village undergoing renovation (627)
Brookline residents still wary of Castlegate development (222)
Peters Township School Board issues deadline to booster groups (109)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)