Achieving athletes — Sept. 4
For five years, Sam Underwood has trained and competed in triathlons but this month, the 11-year-old McMurray resident took home a trophy. Underwood, who suffers from Cystic Fibrosis, grabbed the bronze medal in his age group. He covered the course, which included swimming, cycling and running, in 21:14 to finish third.
Making the grade
Joshua Kammeraad of Bethel Park completed his career at Hope College with accolades. In addition to earning three letters for cross country and track, he was named to the academic honor roll for the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association. To make the list, a student-athlete had to maintain a minimum of a 3.5 GPA for the year.
Hoop camp stars
Several area athletes garnered awards during the Dave Roman Shooting Camp held at Bethel Park. Among them were:
• Larry Kusan for free throws (14-of-25); James Smith for finesse and hot shot with a plus-10 rating and 41 points; Bobby Goodrich for 3-point shootout; Dave Jakel for pressure free throws; Zach Sackett for knock out and Aaron Latterner for most improved in the boys, grade 5 and under division.
• Ryan Bromley for free throws (14-of-25); Tommy Dierenzo for finesse; Anthony Chiccitt for hot shot, 3-point shooting and most outstanding shooter; Nate Mercuri for pressure free throw; Stefan Ruby for knock out and Zach Scabilloni for most improved and Noah Price for hardest working for boys, grade 6 and above.
• Alex Punzik for free throws, finesse, 3-point shootout and most outstanding shooter; Samantha Smith for hot shot; Ava Novak for pressure free throw; Kelsey Thompson for knock out; Olivia Adkins for most improved and Sarah Pellis for hardest working in the girls’ division.
Achieving athletes — Sept. 4
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (810)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (149)
Mt. Lebanon rifle team future unclear (123)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (112)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (467)
Mt. Lebanon rifle team future unclear (77)
Expansion possible for South Fayette High School (76)
(No heading) (14)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (2)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)