‘Crimes of the Heart’
“Crimes of the Heart,” a Pulitzer-Prize winning comedy by Beth Henley, plays through August 31 at Little Lake Theatre. The Magrath sisters - Lenny, Meg and Babe - of Hazelhurst, Miss., are having a bad day. It is Lenny’s 30th birthday and no one remembers; wild sister Meg has just returned from Hollywood, the loony bin and her stalled singing career; and kid sister Babe is out on bail after shooting her husband in the stomach because she didn’t like his looks. The comedy is both daffy and endearing, brimming with wit, heart and soul. Little Lake Theatre Company’s Artistic Director Sunny Disney Fitchett directs the ensemble, which includes Deborah Bender as Meg (left), Jena Oberg as Lenny (center) and Lily Junker as Babe. Jason Dille, TJ Firneno and Jennifer Kopach complete the ensemble. “Crimes of the Heart” plays at 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings, through Aug. 31 with one Sunday matinee at 2 p.m. Aug. 25. For tickets, call 724-745-6300 or visit www.littlelake.org.
Photo by James Orr
‘Crimes of the Heart’
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Dance class gets amputees back on their feet (71)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (38)
Tots test toys (38)
Mining at former Mayview site denied (37)
Kiernan named Almanac MVP (34)
Kiernan named Almanac MVP (212)
New special ed director for Lebo schools (124)
Higher school taxes possible in USC (104)
Mining at former Mayview site denied (83)
Peters adopts new comprehensive plan (68)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)