Across the South Hills - Aug. 28
The Bethel Park Lions will hold a Fall Fish Fry 4-7 p.m. Sept. 13 at Lions Park on Irishtown Road. Fried or baked fish, or shrimp dinners will include cole slaw, french fries or macaroni and cheese and beverage. The cost is $9.
Hot dog dinners for kids may be purchased. Take out is available. Plastic bags and brooms will be offered for sale. All proceeds benefit Lions charities.
• Bethel Park Community Day is Sept. 7.
• Bethel Park High School will host a New Student Orientation for incoming freshmen and students who are new to the high school this fall and their parents at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 28 in the high school auditorium. Students should bring a copy of their schedules to familiarize themselves with the school and the location of their classes.
Borough offices will be closed Labor Day, Sept. 2.
The Castle Shannon Revitalization Corp. will present its second annual Fall Festival 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 20 on Willow Avenue.
The Cecil Township Historical Society will meet at 6 p.m. Sept. 18 in Generations, 3599 Millers Run Road.
The Green Tree Farmers’ Market will be held 4-7:30 p.m. every Thursday, through October.
During garage construction that began Aug. 19, follow these instructions in the South garage:
If arriving between 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday, get a ticket from the attendant on the ramp at the third floor entrance. Exit and pay on the first floor when done in the garage.
If arriving 6-10 p.m. Monday through Friday, enter on the third floor. If a ticket needs validated, see cashier on first floor. Otherwise, exit and pay the flat $2 fee at the same time, when leaving the garage, on the first floor.
If you arrive 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, enter on the third floor. Pay flat fee of $1 as you exit the garage, on the first floor.
The garage is not staffed weekdays before 7 a.m. or after 10 p.m. It is also not staffed Saturdays before 8:30 a.m. and after 6 p.m., or all day Sunday.
Mother and Son “Night of Fun” will be held from 6-8 p.m. Sept. 27 in the Community Recreation Center for boys ages 12 and under, and their mothers, grandmothers or aunts.
This sports-themed night features dancing with a DJ, dinner, inflatable football toss and inflatable basketball throw. Wear your favorite team jersey. Photos will be available for an additional fee.
Registration is at the recreation center until the event is filled or Sept. 9. The fee is $45 per couple with $16 for each additional child. Non-members are $65 plus $24 for each additional child.
The second annual Women’s Financial Forum will be held beginning at 3 p.m. Sept. 17 in the Doubletree by Hilton, Meadow Lands.
POWER of Southpointe members are free. Guests ate $15. Featured speaker will be Washington County Commissioner Diana Irey Vaughan. There will be break-out sessions with each attendee eligible to attend two sessions.
Register at www.PowerOfSouthpointe.org.
Hoppers Homeschool Outdoor Classroom will be held Sept. 12 at Shelter 4 in Mingo Creek Park for ages 5-11. Session I is at 10 a.m. with Session II at 1 p.m.
Participants will go into the fields in search of critters that jump and try to catch grasshoppers, crickets and locusts.
Preregistration is required and there is no fee. To register, call the Washington County Parks and Recreation office at 724-228-6867.
• The Covered Bridge Festival will be held Sept. 21-22 in Washington and Greene counties at 10 covered bridges. Call 724-228-5520 for additional details. Events are held from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Across the South Hills - Aug. 28
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
South Hills Village undergoing renovation (69)
Piece of former Mayview property taken by eminent domain (51)
Bethel Park wins national hockey championship (48)
Carla Hall of ‘The Chew’ visiting Giant Eagle Market District (47)
Twerking conversation has gone on too long (47)
South Hills Village undergoing renovation (627)
Brookline residents still wary of Castlegate development (222)
Peters Township School Board issues deadline to booster groups (109)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)