College - Sept. 4
Rose Schrott of Mt. Lebanon was one of 93 Denison University students chosen to conduct in-depth research this summer. The faculty-led programs took place on the campus and included undertakings in the sciences, humanities, social sciences and arts.
Schrott, an English literature and black studies double major, completed research with associate professor Fred Porcheddu on a project titled “Finding the King of Kings within The Lord of the Rings: the elevation of Christian virtues within Tolkien’s fantasy.”
Westminster College student Alexandria Ott, a senior accounting major, was awarded a $3,090 scholarship from the Ann M. Kendelhart Scholarship Fund. Ott is the daughter of Timothy and Chystal Ott of Quincy, Ill., and a graduate of Bethel Park High School.
Kristen Hammond of Canonsburg was named to the spring dean’s list at Washington College in Chestertown, Md. A member of the class of 2014, Hammond is a psychology and drama major.
Ryan Saul, son of Annette and Greg Saul of Upper St. Clair, was named to the spring dean’s list at the University of Dayton. A criminal justice studies major with a minor in social work, Ryan was recently awarded the Lola G. Duff and William H. Duff II Merit Scholarship based upon his Christian leadership work and scholastic record.
Alexandra Phillips of McMurray received a bachelor of arts degree in photography from Columbia College Chicago.
Emily Ambrozy of Bethel Park has graduated with a B.B.A. degree in fashion merchandising from LIM College, an independent, private college located in New York City.
College - Sept. 4
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (776)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (146)
Mt. Lebanon rifle team future unclear (115)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (111)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (467)
Mt. Lebanon rifle team future unclear (77)
Expansion possible for South Fayette High School (76)
(No heading) (14)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (2)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)