A dog’s day in the sun
The threat of rain didn’t squelch the fun for people and pooches this Labor Day, as both descended upon Mineral Beach in Finleyville to beat the heat and say goodbye once again to summer. For three hours, dogs of all shapes and sizes were invited to swim or sunbathe at this second annual Dog Swim hosted by the Washington Area Humane Society. A “best swimsuit contest” was planned and each dog was presented with a goodie bag filled with doggie treats. All monies raised benefits the WAHS. Dormont Pool also held a similar event, but over two days as thunder and lightening postponed the large dog swim until yesterday. The first two swims for small and medium-sized dogs went off as scheduled on Labor Day. Proceeds benefited the Dormont Pool and the Western Pennsylvania Humane Society. The Feltz family of Cecil Township (Southpointe): Tucker, Catherine (not pictured) with daughters Alexis and Page; had a blast swimming with their dog, Rufus.
Jomie models the Pittsburgh sports’ bikini fitted by owner Susan Rothengass of Peters Township while other dogs swim in the background. Jomie had hoped to win the swimsuit contest during the Mineral Beach Dog Swim on Labor Day
Mt. Lebanon's Jeff Stanford (pictured) and Kathy Strauss brought their cockapoo, Daisy, for a swim
A dog’s day in the sun
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Chishko, Macri win PIAA titles (124)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (67)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (59)
Alavi leads PT into PIHL semifinals (40)
Chishko, Macri win PIAA titles (79)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)