Sports briefs-Sept. 11
The Bethel Park Board of School Directors recently presented a Certificate of Appreciation to the Bethel Park Soccer Boosters for its donation of almost $9,400 worth of clothing and equipment to the district.
A Mule Pro Trainer and 90 warm-up jackets and pants for the high school boys’ and girls’ varsity and junior varsity teams were donated.
Earlier this year, the Boosters donated $2,700 to help pay for lighting on the new high school athletic complex. Board president Donna Cook presented the certificate to Deanne Buczkowski, co-president of the boosters.
Punt, pass & kick
An NFL Punt, Pass & Kick competition will be held at 1 p.m. Sept. 15 at Boyce Mayview Park in Upper St. Clair. Ages 6-15 are eligible. Entry forms are available at NFLPPK.com, twpusc.org or from the community center.
Tour the Montour will be held Sept. 21. The bicycle ride begins at the trail’s mile zero marker, located at Route 51 and Montour Road, just off I-79 and the Coraopolis/Neville Island Bridge.
Rides vary in length from a 6-mile family fun ride through 62 miles and start between 7:15 - 8:15 a.m. Fees range between $25 and $45 for adults and families preregistering before Sept. 6. Fees increase to $30 and $50 after this date. Visit www.montourtrail.org or call 412-257-3011.
Sports briefs-Sept. 11
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Hershey semisweet for Seton-La Salle (11)
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (10)
Franklin Regional incident hits too close to home (10)
Seton-La Salle girls dominate Almanac Elite Eleven (7)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)