Bower Hill Enrichment Teacher Lora O’Brien has earned a package of educational tools from WQED following her submissions to the PBS Kids Go! Writer’s Competition. While none of O’Brien’s students were named winners, she was recognized for having the most students participate in the competition with 58 second- and third-graders in all. Each year O’Brien organizes the event where students write and illustrate their own stories. The educational resources sent by WQED include books, CDs and other tools to encourage reading and writing at the elementary level.
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
SF students participate in Apple, Google’s Hour of Code (285)
USC dominates Almanac Elite Eleven All-Star list (170)
South Fayette faces Imhotep Charter in state final (164)
Claysville woman accused of driving drunk with children in vehicle (104)
Depth & talent promises a fun season for BP boys (81)
Dance class gets amputees back on their feet (179)
Dogs and cats the same as cows and chickens (31)
Look around: business is booming (30)
Holiday Happenings – Dec. 11 (28)
Sights & Sounds – Dec. 11 (26)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
USC man charged with obstruction of justice (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)