USC’s Steve medals again
For the second week in a row, Thomas Steve from Upper St. Clair claimed medalist honors on his way to qualifying for the WPIAL Class AAA boys’ golf championships. After shooting a 3-under-par 68 to win the Section 5 title, Steve shot the lowest score, a 2-over-par 74 on the 6,375-yard course at the Youghiogheny Country Club.
The top 12 players in each of three district semifinals advanced to next week’s individual championships to be played Oct. 2 at Diamond Run Golf Course.
While Steve’s teammate and fellow senior, Grant Engel, qualified with a 79 and tied for seventh place, Mt. Lebanon’s Gabe Nass finished fifth overall with a 77.
South Fayette’s Corey Long and Tyler Vidak both fired 80s and made the cut. Though Pat McDonnell shot a similar score, the USC senior is the designated alternate for the finals.
On the par 70, 6,513-yard course at Cranberry Highlands, Peters Township advanced three duffers. Sophomore Jake Sollon fired a 72 and finished tied for fourth. Seniors Josh Verner and Cody Ruffing placed ninth and 11th by carding a 74 and 77 respectively.
Ben Setar led the list of local qualifiers emerging from the Hannastown Golf Club site. The Canon-McMillan senior finished third with a 74 score.
USC’s Steve medals again
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
SF students participate in Apple, Google’s Hour of Code (278)
South Fayette faces Imhotep Charter in state final (164)
USC dominates Almanac Elite Eleven All-Star list (153)
Claysville woman accused of driving drunk with children in vehicle (100)
11-year old donates iPads to BP’s Pathfinder School (78)
Dance class gets amputees back on their feet (179)
Dogs and cats the same as cows and chickens (31)
Look around: business is booming (30)
Holiday Happenings – Dec. 11 (28)
Sights & Sounds – Dec. 11 (26)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
USC man charged with obstruction of justice (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)