Support Groups - Oct. 9
Autism Society of Pittsburgh offers a parent support group and discussion at 7 p.m. Oct. 14 at Canonsburg General Hospital Outpatient Care Center-Peters Township, located on Gallery Drive in McMurray.
Dr. Marc Micucci will discuss the ways to improve the symptoms of autism with a healthy lifestyle.
For more information, contact Heidi Hess at ASA at 412-856-7223 or email@example.com.
Cancer Transitions Support Group will meet at 11:30 a.m. Mondays Oct. 21-Nov. 25 in the Dunlap Conference Center, St. Clair Hospital. Topics include Get Back to Wellness, Exercise for Wellness and Nutrition Beyond Cancer. To register, call 412-338-1919.
Family Hospice offers the following free on-going support groups, and no registration is required:
• The Center for Compassionate Care, 50 Moffett St., Mt. Lebanon, 7-8:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month.
• Southminster House, 801 Washington Road, Mt. Lebanon, 1-2:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month.
• Baldwin Community United Methodist Church, 5001 Baptist Rd., Whitehall, 7-8:30 p.m. the first Thursday of every month.
For more information, call the Family Hospice Bereavement Department at 412-572-8829 or visit www.FamilyHospice.com.
Stroke/brain injury support
The Brain Recovery Crew stroke and brain injury and activities group meets 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Bethel Park Community Center. The meetings are free to attend and participants should bring their own lunch. Focus is on exercises, cognitive activities, resources and socialization.
For more information, contact Nicole Glass at 412-915-8193.
The Cancer Caring Center and UPMC will offer a Head and Neck Cancer support group at 6 p.m. the first Wednesday of every month. The group meets at UPMC Cancer Centers, Bethel Park.
To register, call 412-622-1212 or visit www.cancercaring.org.
Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA offers a support group to folks with an opportunity to tell their story. Groups are free and confidential. Call 724-223-9190 in Washington County.
Support Groups - Oct. 9
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Local students star in “The Nutcracker” (159)
Achieving athletes - Dec. 4 (60)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (52)
BP’s Ruzzini named Almanac MVP (52)
USC’s Steel Curtain (52)
Off duty Cecil police officer struck by car (66)
Bethel Park School District re-elects Cook as pres (60)
SF makes changes to proposed budget (56)
Almanac Girls’ Soccer All-Stars (15)
Achieving athletes - Dec. 4 (12)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)