A “topping out” ceremony was held Sept. 19 at the new Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC site in South Fayette. A tradition in the construction industry, the beam was signed by township, hospital and construction representatives before being hoisted by crane to the highest point of the structure. Signing the beam are from left: South Fayette Commissioner Lisa Malosh; Dr. Billie Rondinelli, superintendent of schools, South Fayette School District; and Bob Rutkowski, MD, CCP - South Fayette Pediatrics.
Placing the beam are ironworkers with Abate Irwin Inc., the steel erector hired by Rycon Inc.
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
South Fayette faces Imhotep Charter in state final (18)
Art brings life to local library (17)
USC ready to run with Penn Hills (12)
Mt. Lebanon man’s foundation fosters peace (12)
Potts leads Lebo to win (12)
Lawrence resident sentenced to 6-12 years for sex crimes (156)
South Fayette faces Imhotep Charter in state final (94)
Donations help blind dog regain sight (91)
Car crashes into house in South Fayette (70)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)