A “topping out” ceremony was held Sept. 19 at the new Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC site in South Fayette. A tradition in the construction industry, the beam was signed by township, hospital and construction representatives before being hoisted by crane to the highest point of the structure. Signing the beam are from left: South Fayette Commissioner Lisa Malosh; Dr. Billie Rondinelli, superintendent of schools, South Fayette School District; and Bob Rutkowski, MD, CCP - South Fayette Pediatrics.
Placing the beam are ironworkers with Abate Irwin Inc., the steel erector hired by Rycon Inc.
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
St. Clair Hospital named in Top 10 in nationwide hospitals (16)
Bethel Park student’s class project makes it around the world (15)
Brightwood Fire Station preps for demo (15)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (12)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)