Sports Briefs - Oct. 16
A one-day lacrosse camp will be held 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 19 at Calvary Full Gospel Church in Bridgeville. Boys, ages 7-16, are eligible. Members of the University of Pittsburgh men’s lacrosse club will instruct. Fee is $40 per person and includes lunch. Call 412-257-1707 to register or email email@example.com for more details.
PT hoop clinic
The Peters Township Boys’ Hoop Group will conduct a basketball clinic for boys and girls in grades K-8. Gary Goga and his coaching staff direct the clinic, which is designed to develop skills and teach the fundamentals of the game.
The clinics will be held Oct. 21 and 23 at the middle school and Oct. 28 and Nov. 4 at the high school. Times are: 5:45-6:45 p.m. for K-3 and 7-8 p.m. for 4-8.
Players should bring their own basketballs.
Fee is $40. Makes checks payable to the PT boys’ Hoop Group and mail to: Gary Goga, 5751 Wilson Drive, Bethel Park, PA 15102.
For more details call 412-298-1291 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community College of Allegheny County, South Campus, will hold an information session at 6 p.m. Oct. 24 in Room G311 for student athletes interested in exploring educational and sporting opportunities at CCAC. The session will address eligibility, program structure and the benefits of becoming a CCAC athlete.
A member of the National Junior College Athletic Association, CCAC offers the following programs: baseball, bowling, golf, softball and women’s basketball.
RSVP to TZirkel@ccac.edu or 412-469-6480.
Mt. Lebanon Ice Center will hold a Trick-or-Treat Play Date 9-11 a.m. Oct. 31 for any preschool or kindergarten-age child accompanied by a skating adult. Wear a Halloween costume.
On-ice skating tips from PSA professional, refreshments, skate aids, buckets and music provided. Refreshments served at 10.
Cost is $4.25 (includes skate usage).
• Learn to Skate Group Lessons-Fall II 2013, a seven-week series, will begin the week Oct. 30. Classes meet once a week and are taught by P.S.A. professionals.
Cost is $110 for 40-minute classes or $100 for 30-minute classes (skates and USFS membership included for both costs). Register at the rink, online or by phone.
For information, call 412-561-4363 or visit www.mtlebanon.org.
Sports Briefs - Oct. 16
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Religion - Sept. 11 (28)
USC dominates Almanac Elite Eleven All-Star list (24)
Organization helping families get “Off the Floor” (18)
South Fayette faces Imhotep Charter in state final (16)
Kiernan named Almanac MVP (15)
Dance class gets amputees back on their feet (179)
Dogs and cats the same as cows and chickens (31)
Look around: business is booming (30)
Holiday Happenings – Dec. 11 (28)
Sights & Sounds – Dec. 11 (26)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)