Remember to vote
W ith the exception of a few municipalities, the general election set for Nov. 5 is quiet. There are no candidates running for president, at least until 2016, so voter turnout is predicted to be low. Very low. Maybe even lower than the number of ballots cast in the spring primary.
That does not mean no one is running. Every community has some type of race, mainly for mayor, council, commissioners or township supervisors, and school board members.
In Allegheny County, there are some quiet races for county council.
Those elected will be the ones who can influence a community through the levy of real estate and school taxes, and set local policy and enact ordinances.
While the campaign commercials are thankfully missing from television and radio advertisement, local elections are a vital part of American life.
So, please, take the time Nov. 5 to go to the polls. It’s free and, generally, so is parking. There’s no excuse to avoid voting.
Remember to vote
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Free dance lessons for PT students will be offered March 22 following twerking incident (71)
Bethel Park wins national hockey championship (56)
Bethel Park wins volleyball tournament (55)
Bethel Park man charged in Canonsburg chase (51)
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (217)
Residents expressed concerns about a sprinkler ordinance in Peters, but no decision on any possible action (94)
Boston Marathon ‘will never be the same’ (60)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Dance lessons for PTHS students set for March 22 (1)
Mt. Lebanon schools face $2.6 million shortfall in budget (1)
Air quality a concern (1)
Texting insensitive to families (1)