Religion - Nov. 27
At South Hills Assembly, Bethel Park, a Thanksgiving Eve Family Service will be offered at 7 p.m. Nov. 27.
• A Thanksgiving dinner will be served noon-2 p.m. Nov. 28 for those spending the holiday alone. RSVP to 412-835-8900 ext. 180.
• Christmas Brunch Buffet for women is set for 9:30 a.m.-noon Dec. 6.
• Women of Excellence will meet at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 9. Refreshments, fellowship, worship.
• Christmas Musical “One Quiet Night” will be presented at 7 p.m. Dec. 13-15.
• New toys can be dropped off in the large lobby or reception office through Dec. 15. Monetary donations will be used to purchase toys and gift cards for needy children.
For more information, call 412-835-8900.
At St. Valentine Church, Bethel Park, reservations are being accepted until Dec. 1 for the Santa Breakfast that takes place 8:30-11 a.m. Dec. 7. The event will feature games, prizes, face painting, a balloon artist, magician, music, dance party and gift bags for all children. Cost is $25 for families of two adults and children ages 2-12, or $9 for individual adults and $7 for individual children. Children age 2 and under are free.
For more information, call 412-835-4415.
At The Epiphany Association, Beechview, “The Epiphany as Spiritual Illumination in Religious Fiction” will be presented at 7 p.m. Dec. 5 by Father Richard A. Infante, pastor of Our Lady of Grace Parish, Scott Township. He will read his short story “Fields of Grace.”
Admission of $10 includes refreshments.
For more information, call 412-341-7494.
At St. Patrick’s Church, Canonsburg, the Cherub, children’s bell and adult choirs will present a Christmas concert at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 8 in the church. A freewill offering will be taken.
• The Christian Mothers and Women’s Guild will hold its annual Christmas banquet at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 15 at Rolling Hills Country Club. St. Patrick’s Church children’s choir will provide the entertainment. Cost is $25.
To RSVP, call 724-745-0639.
At The Bible Chapel, McMurray, a Christmas Cantata: The Gift of Love will take place at 7 p.m. Dec. 6 and 6:30 p.m. Dec. 8, featuring a musical celebration of Christmas with the Worship, Youth and Children’s Choirs. A love offering will be accepted for the City Mission.
At Our Lady of Grace School, Scott Township, a Breakfast with Santa will be held 9 a.m.-noon Dec. 7 in the school cafeteria. The breakfast will feature French toast and sausage, crafts, Chinese auction, games, holiday music and a digital picture taken with Santa.
Cost is $6 per person with a reservation or $8 per person at the door. Families of four or more pay only $20 with a reservation and children under age 2 are free.
For reservations, call 412-279-6611.
At St. Thomas More Roman Catholic Church, Bethel Park, a Christmas with Cahal Dunne will be held at 7 p.m. Dec. 7 in the Family Life Center. Tickets are $25 and are available in the parish office. BYOB. Snacks, soft drinks and set-ups provided.
At Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, an Advent through the Eyes of Those Who Waited takes place at 10 a.m. Thursdays. Child care available.
• Breakfast at the Manger, ages 2 and up, 9 a.m. Dec. 7. Cost is $5. Children under 2 are free. Live nativity, crafts, games.
• Christmas concert with USC Chanticleers, church choirs and carols, 7 p.m. Dec. 8. Refreshments.
For details, call 412-835-6630.
At St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church, Canonsburg, advance orders are being taken through Dec. 8 for nut, poppy and apricot rolls. Call 724-743-0231 or 724-225-9593 to place an order.
• A Christmas bake sale is planned for 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 21.
At Calvary Full Gospel Church, Bridgeville, Youth Group is selling Enjoy Books.
• Pick an ornament from the tree in the foyer and supply the gift listed on the card for a family member in the El Salvador Ministry.
• Kingdom Care Kids is selling Sarris Candy.
For more information, call 412-257-1707.
At Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, the Heavenly Cookie Shoppe will be open 9-11 a.m. Dec. 7. Choose from cookies, goodies or craft items. Cookies are $8/ lb. Proceeds benefit missions.
• Season of Service, focusing on the true meaning of Christmas, will be held at 6:15 p.m. Dec. 4.
• Youth Group Babysitting Fundraiser is set for 5-8 p.m. Dec. 4. Parents can enjoy free time as ages 1-11 will be cared for and enjoy dinner.
RSVP to 412-835-6621.
At Fawcett U.M. Church, Bridgeville, the Christian Crafters are collecting items for its Christmas shoe box ministry for Native American children. Fleece blankets for infant to preteens are also being made. Needed are two yards of fleece material, slippers, socks, mittens, gloves and hats as well as small toys and books.
For more information, call 724-941-1103.
Religion - Nov. 27
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Page turns caddie job into scholarship cash (161)
South Fayette in the wrong in bully case (134)
90-year-old Bethel Park man graduating from University of Pittsburgh (133)
Canon-McMillan approves redistricting plan (116)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (102)
Canon-McMillan approves redistricting plan (86)
Fundraiser - April 23 (79)
Proud of international baccalaureate education (69)
South Fayette in the wrong in bully case (58)
Mt. Lebanon signals need to be upgraded (51)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)