Fundraisers – Dec. 4
Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services South Hills office is hosting a holiday breakfast on Dec. 6 at the Crowne Plaza South hotel to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. Tickets are $20, and guests are invited to bring non-perishable food items to be donated to the food bank. For more information, call 412-833-5405 ext. 254.
• Give the gift of a wish-come-true by purchasing holiday cards designed by four wish children. Make-A-Wish is now taking orders for their full-color, festive cards, which are $15 for a package of 15 cards with envelopes (plus shipping and handling). All proceeds will benefit Make-A-Wish® Greater Pennsylvania and West Virginia. For more information, call 800-676-9474 or visit greaterpawv.wish.org.
Central Blood Bank
In the spirit of the upcoming holidays and providing hope to area patients, Central Blood Bank asks area residents to bring along non-perishable food items when they donate blood at any of its donor centers through Dec. 8. Along with transporting the collected food to Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, Central Blood Bank will also donate $1 to for every participating blood donor during this period. To locate your nearest Central Blood Bank donor center or mobile site, visit www.centralbloodbank.org.
Concordia of the South Hills hosts its annual Holiday Bazaar on Dec. 10, featuring at variety of vendors, crafts, a basket auction and bake sale. The event takes place in Concordia’s independent living social room and is free and open to the public. Proceeds from the sale benefit the Concordia South Hills Caring Fund.
For more information, call 412-278-1300 or visit www.concordia-southhills.org.
Holiday basket raffle
The Women’s Auxiliary at Canonsburg General Hospital is hosting a Holiday Basket Raffle. Baskets will be displayed in the hospital’s main lobby through Dec. 12. Winners will be drawn at 1 p.m. Dec. 12. For more information, call 724-745-3914.
Fundraisers – Dec. 4
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (275)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (258)
Peters Township keeping pace in Section 5 baseball (113)
Canon-Mac, South Fayette advance to Final Four in wrestling (77)
Bethel Park wins national hockey championship (62)
Celebrate Indian Pride fundraiser (81)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (62)
Fundraisers - April 16 (48)
Recovery is the only antidote to the drug issue (46)
Franklin Regional incident hits too close to home (46)