Support Groups – Dec. 11
The Hair Peace Empowerment Support Group will meet at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 18 a Ingomar Methodist Church. For more information, call 412-327-5177.
Family Hospice offers Growing Through Grief: Rebuilding Hope, a six-week bereavement support and education program offered free to the community.
Weekly evening sessions are scheduled through January at St. Elizabeth of Hungary Parish, 1 Grove Place, Pleasant Hills.
Preregistration is required. For more information, visit www.FamilyHospice.com or call the Family Hospice Bereavement department at 412-572-8829.
On-going free support groups in the South Hills that do not require registration include:
• The Center for Compassionate Care, 50 Moffett St., Mt. Lebanon, 7-8:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month.
• Southminster House, 801 Washington Road, Mt. Lebanon, 1-2:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month.
• Baldwin Community United Methodist Church, 5001 Baptist Road, Whitehall, 7-8:30 p.m. the first Thursday of every month.
For more information, call 412-572-8829 or visit www.FamilyHospice.com.
A head and neck cancer support group meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m. The group meets at UPMC Cancer Centers, Bethel Park.
To register, call 412-622-1212 or visit www.cancercaring.org.
Stroke/brain injury support
The Brain Recovery Crew stroke and brain injury and activities group meets 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Bethel Park Community Center. The meetings are free. Participants should bring their own lunch. Focus is on exercises, cognitive activities, resources and socialization.
For more information, call 412-915-8193.
Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA offers a support group to folks with an opportunity to tell their story. Groups are free and confidential. For more information, call 724-223-9190 in Washington County.
Support Groups – Dec. 11
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Bethel Park wins volleyball tournament (246)
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (186)
Free dance lessons for PT students will be offered March 22 following twerking incident (99)
Police beat – Week of April 16 (78)
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (217)
Residents expressed concerns about a sprinkler ordinance in Peters, but no decision on any possible action (94)
Boston Marathon ‘will never be the same’ (60)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Dance lessons for PTHS students set for March 22 (1)
Mt. Lebanon schools face $2.6 million shortfall in budget (1)
Air quality a concern (1)
Texting insensitive to families (1)