Fundraiser - Dec. 18
Verland, located on 12 acres just off of Mt. Nebo Road, Sewickley, is hosting its annual Adopt-a-Horse-Donkey Fun-raiser to help take care of its therapeutic horses and miniature donkeys. Individuals or groups will be able to come to the stables and have their picture taken with their new adopted friend. Donations from $10 to $1,000 will be accepted from now until Jan. 11 (est. monthly cost $150 for each animal).
A certificate of adoption will be given out to all participants at the end of the program.
Verland is a private, non-profit agency, providing residential living, support and programs for persons with intellectual and physical disabilities. For over 35 years, Verland has been providing these services and programs to 235 individuals in 52 homes in Allegheny, Beaver, Fayette and Mercer Counties.
For more information, visit www.verland.org.
Fundraiser - Dec. 18
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Free dance lessons for PT students will be offered March 22 following twerking incident (59)
‘Heaven Can Wait’ (44)
Bethel Park wins national hockey championship (43)
April 2 (39)
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (217)
Residents expressed concerns about a sprinkler ordinance in Peters, but no decision on any possible action (94)
Boston Marathon ‘will never be the same’ (60)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Dance lessons for PTHS students set for March 22 (1)
Mt. Lebanon schools face $2.6 million shortfall in budget (1)
Air quality a concern (1)
Texting insensitive to families (1)