Religion - Dec. 25
At South Hills Assembly, Bethel Park, a box is provided in the lobby for Food Bank Outreach donations. Soup is December’s featured item.
At St. Patrick Church, Canonsburg, reservations are being taken for the March for Life Youth Rally & Mass in Washington, D.C., set for Jan. 22. Call 724-745-4130.
At First Presbyterian Church of Castle Shannon, a Christmas Day dinner will be offered 1-4 p.m. in the social hall. Bethany Lutheran Church of Dormont and Mt. Lebanon U. M. Church are also sponsors. A ham dinner will be provided free of charge to anyone who might be alone on the holiday and to those in need. RSVP to 412-561-0401.
At Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, the Women’s Circle will hold an event at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 29, featuring visual and musical highlights of Batya Rosenblum’s recent trip to the Holy Land of Israel. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-344-2424.
At Calvary Full Gospel Church, Bridgeville, Selah Dance Academy, a noncompetative Christian Dance School, is accepting new students ages 2 1/2 and up for the 2014 semester, which begins Jan. 2.
For more information, call 412-257-1707 or email email@example.com.
At The Bible Chapel, McMurray, the sermon series “Owning My Influence” will take place Jan. 4-March 30.
• Encountering the Footsteps of Jesus Tour, March 31-April 9. Deadline to reserve a spot without airfare is Dec. 28. Reservations for the full package tour including airfare can be made until Feb. 3.
For more information, visit biblechapel.org.
At Holy Rosary Church, Muse, a Bible study for seventh, eighth and ninth grade students, “Encounter: Experiencing God in the Everyday,” will be held at 7 p.m. Sundays, beginning Jan. 12. The eighty-week program by Mark Hart features video and discussion sessions. Students will also learn about the Biblical roots of the sacraments and the Mass. To register, call Patricia Shultz at 724-745-3531.
At the Hebrew School for the Arts, winter session classes for ages 4-13 are forming. Children will enjoy small classes and individualized attention at two locations: Crowne Plaza South in Bethel Park and Chabad of the South Hills in Mt. Lebanon.
No membership or affiliation required. For more information or to register, contact Chabad at 412-344-2424 or www.chabadsh.com.
At Our Lady of Grace Church, Scott Township, a weekly Bible study focusing on the readings from Sunday Mass is held 9:45-11 a.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 14-March 4. For more information or to register, call 412-279-7070.
Religion - Dec. 25
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Bethel Park wins volleyball tournament (22)
USC girls making the grade on the court (12)
Police beat – Week of April 16 (10)
Boston Marathon ‘will never be the same’ (7)
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (217)
Residents expressed concerns about a sprinkler ordinance in Peters, but no decision on any possible action (94)
Boston Marathon ‘will never be the same’ (60)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Dance lessons for PTHS students set for March 22 (1)
Mt. Lebanon schools face $2.6 million shortfall in budget (1)
Air quality a concern (1)
Texting insensitive to families (1)