Religion – Jan. 1
At Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, Labyrinth & Prayer Stations will be available 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
• New Year’s Eve Communion will be available 4-7 p.m. Dec. 31.
• The new singles group, “CAST” will meet at 7 p.m. every Monday starting Jan. 6. Off-site activities such as movies, dancing and dining out are planned.
• The Teaching Series will present The Old Testament and the Call to Nonviolence at 7 p.m. Jan. 8 and If God Is So Loving Then Why at 7 p.m. Jan. 15.
At St. Patrick Church, Canonsburg, reservations are being taken for the March for Life Youth Rally & Mass in Washington, D.C., set for Jan. 22. Call 724-745-4130.
At The Bible Chapel, McMurray, the sermon series “Owning My Influence” will take place Jan. 4-March 30.
• Encountering the Footsteps of Jesus Tour, March 31-April 9. Deadline to reserve a spot without airfare is Dec. 28. Reservations for the full package tour including airfare can be made until Feb. 3.
For more information, visit biblechapel.org.
At Holy Rosary Church, Muse, a Bible study for seventh, eighth and ninth grade students, “Encounter: Experiencing God in the Everyday,” will be held at 7 p.m. Sundays, beginning Jan. 12. The eight-week program by Mark Hart features video and discussion sessions. Students will also learn about the Biblical roots of the sacraments and the Mass. To register, call Patricia Shultz at 724-745-3531.
At the Hebrew School for the Arts, winter session classes for ages 4-13 are forming. Children will enjoy small classes and individualized attention at Crowne Plaza South in Bethel Park and Chabad of the South Hills in Mt. Lebanon.
No membership or affiliation required. For more information or to register, call 412-344-2424 or www.chabadsh.com.
At Our Lady of Grace Church, Scott Township, a weekly Bible study focusing on the readings from Sunday Mass is held 9:45-11 a.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 14-March 4. For more information or to register, call 412-279-7070.
Religion – Jan. 1
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Bethel Park wins volleyball tournament (26)
Police beat – Week of April 16 (14)
USC girls making the grade on the court (13)
Canon-Mac, South Fayette advance to Final Four in wrestling (9)
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (217)
Residents expressed concerns about a sprinkler ordinance in Peters, but no decision on any possible action (94)
Boston Marathon ‘will never be the same’ (60)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Dance lessons for PTHS students set for March 22 (1)
Mt. Lebanon schools face $2.6 million shortfall in budget (1)
Air quality a concern (1)
Texting insensitive to families (1)