Religion - Jan. 8
At Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, the new singles group, “CAST” will meet at 7 p.m. Mondays. Off-site activities such as movies, dancing and dining out are planned.
• The Teaching Series will present The Old Testament and the Call to Nonviolence at 7 p.m. Jan. 8 and If God Is So Loving Then Why at 7 p.m. Jan. 15.
At Sisters of St. Francis of the Providence of God, Whitehall, its monthly soup take-out will be held 3-6 p.m. on Jan. 15. Choose from homemade wedding, cheesy broccoli or ham and bean. Cost is $5 per quart and includes two dinner rolls. To place an order, call 412-885-7232 by Jan. 9.
At Community of Christ Church, Bethel Park, Dinner for a Dollar will be held 5-7 p.m. Jan. 9. The menu will include pasta, salad, bread and dessert. Cost is $1 or $3 for a family. No reservations needed.
At Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, the youth group will meet at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 12, 19 and 26. Gather for dinner, games, Bible study and worship.
• Moms/Pops/Tots Playgroup, 3-4:30 p.m. Jan. 12. Bring riding toys and snacks for an informal time of play and fellowship.
• Methodism 101: A Guide for New and Renewing Methodists, 9:30 a.m. Jan. 12-Feb. 2. Session 1: Why are you a United Methodist?, Session 2: How Do You Grow in Your Faith?, Session 3: How to Pray, Session 4: Tools for the Journey Ahead.
At St. Gregory Byzantine Catholic Church, Upper St. Clair, its Bethany Ministry will sponsor Kathy Gillen of The Wellness Roadtrip as she presents “What Would Jesus Eat?” 10:45 a.m. Jan. 12 in the church hall. Kathy will focus on a diet described in scripture. Often referred to as the Mediterranean Diet, the class will look at the foods Martha and Mary may have served Jesus.
For details, call 412-835-7800.
At Holy Rosary Church, Muse, a Bible study for seventh, eighth and ninth grade students, “Encounter: Experiencing God in the Everyday,” will be held at 7 p.m. Sundays, beginning Jan. 12. The eight-week program by Mark Hart features video and discussion sessions. Students will also learn about the Biblical roots of the sacraments and the Mass. To register, call Patricia Shultz at 724-745-3531.
At Our Lady of Grace Church, Scott Township, a weekly Bible study focusing on the readings from Sunday Mass is held 9:45-11 a.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 14-March 4. For more information or to register, call 412-279-7070.
At St. Patrick Church, Canonsburg, reservations are being taken for the March for Life Youth Rally & Mass in Washington, D.C., set for Jan. 22. Call 724-745-4130.
At The Bible Chapel, McMurray, the sermon series “Owning My Influence” will take place through March 30.
• Encountering the Footsteps of Jesus Tour, March 31-April 9. Reservations for the full package tour including airfare can be made until Feb. 3.
For more information, visit biblechapel.org.
At the Hebrew School for the Arts, winter session classes for ages 4-13 are forming. Children will enjoy small classes and individualized attention at Crowne Plaza South in Bethel Park and Chabad of the South Hills in Mt. Lebanon.
No membership or affiliation required. For more information or to register, call 412-344-2424 or visit www.chabadsh.com.
Religion - Jan. 8
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
‘Heaven Can Wait’ (49)
Canon-Mac, South Fayette advance to Final Four in wrestling (45)
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (45)
Bethel Park wins national hockey championship (44)
Carla Hall of ‘The Chew’ visiting Giant Eagle Market District (39)
Celebrate Indian Pride fundraiser (81)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (62)
Fundraisers - April 16 (48)
Recovery is the only antidote to the drug issue (46)
Franklin Regional incident hits too close to home (46)