On Jan. 16, representatives from St. Vincent College surprised Upper St. Clair High School senior Connor R. McCormick with a full tuition, room and board scholarship valued at $160,000. He was the winner of the college’s annual Wimmer Scholarship Competition. Connor, along with fellow members of USC’s Jazz Band, gathered to play a tune for what they were told was an event to honor the school’s principal. The band, led by USC Jazz Band Director Frank Eisenreich, kicked off the event with a Dizzy Gillespie tune before Melissa Sobek, associate director of the Saint Vincent College Office of Admission, walked to the front of the room with oversized check in hand. Only then did Connor find out that he was the one being honored. On hand for the presentation but hiding in the background were Connor’s parents, Richard and Linda McCormick of Upper St. Clair, who knew about the surprise for weeks but were able to keep it under wraps. “We’re very proud,” said Linda McCormick. Connor plans to major in pharmacy or pre-med at St. Vincent. Pictured from left are St. Vincent College Director of Admissions Melissa Sobek along with Richard, Connor and Linda McCormick.
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Chishko, Macri win PIAA titles (92)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (60)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (39)
Alavi leads PT into PIHL semifinals (29)
Lebo ladies take runner-up trophy (29)
Chishko, Macri win PIAA titles (79)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)