Religion – Jan. 22Published Jan 22, 2014 at 5:16 am (Updated Jan 17, 2014 at 11:11 am)
At South Hills Church of the Nazarene, Bethel Park, the winter session of the DivorceCare support group takes place from 7-9 p.m. Thursdays, through April 10.
DivorceCare features a weekly video prior to discussion with nationally recognized experts on divorce and recovery topics. Sessions include “Facing My Anger,” “Facing My Loneliness,” “Depression,” “New Relationships,” “KidCare” and “Forgiveness.” Cost is $20 (includes workbook). Scholarships are available for those who are unable to pay. Childcare is not available. For more information, call 412-831-6333.
At St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, the youth ministry plans the following events:
• Youth (grades six-12) are needed who like to sing, read and act for the Passion Play Musical. Practice begins in February. Performances will be at 1:30 and 7 p.m. April 14.
For more information, call Kelly Spadoni at 412-835-6996.
At Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, the youth group will meet at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 26. Gather for dinner, games, Bible study and worship.
• Worship Enrichment for first graders, 9:30 a.m. Sundays, through Feb. 16.
• Does God Really Love Us? presented by Chuck Vogel at 9:30 a.m. Sundays, Jan. 26.
• Women’s Study: Heaven at 7 p.m. Mondays, through Feb. 10. Explore the concept of Heaven in one or all sessions.
• Methodism 101: A Guide for New and Renewing Methodists, 9:30 a.m. Sundays, through Feb. 2. Session 1: Why are you a United Methodist?, Session 2: How Do You Grow in Your Faith?, Session 3: How to Pray, Session 4: Tools for the Journey Ahead.
• “CAST,” a new singles group, meets at 7 p.m. Mondays. Off-site activities such as movies, dancing and dining out are planned.
For more information, call 412-835-6621.
At New Day Assembly of God, Upper St. Clair, a Power Infusion Weekend, sponsored by Women without Walls, Jan. 24-26. “I will pour out my Spirit” author and speaker Debbie Miller and the Women without Walls leadership team will be ministering, which begins Friday at 7 p.m. A continental breakfast will take place at 8:30 a.m. Saturday. Miller and the leadership team will also minister at the 10 a.m. Sunday service. Cost is $10.
For more information, call 724-746-1993 or 724-941-1661.
At Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, guest speaker Rabbi Aaron Herman, principal of the TZohar Seminary in Squirrel Hill, will discuss “Beyond Labels: Toward a New Understanding of American Judaism” at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 28. Suggested donation is $10. To register, call 412-344-2424 or email email@example.com.
• A new six-week course titled “Jewish Identity” will be offered through Rohr Jewish Learning. Explore what it means to be a Jew in the Free World and examine the personal and religious struggles that individuals and communities confront as they face the challenges of changing times. The course will take place from 7:30-9 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Feb. 5, or 10:15-11:30 a.m. Sundays, beginning Feb. 9. To register or for more information, call 412-344-2424 or visit www.chabadsh.com.
At Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, an 11-week study on the book of Revelation entitled “Here and Now…There and Then” by Beth Moore will be offered. Women’s classes will be offered at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and 7 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Jan. 28 and 29. This study will also be offered at 7 p.m. Mondays, beginning Jan. 27. For more information, call 412-884-2722.
At Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, a Mom to Mom Heart Talk is planned at 9:30 a.m. Jan. 30 and will continue for 10 weeks. Topics include: When You’re Running on Empty, Taming the Top 10 Marriage Monsters and Who’s the Parent Here? For more information, call 412-835-6630 ext. 207.
At St. Valentine Church, Bethel Park, the Men’s Club will hold its 46th Annual Stag Fish Fry on Jan. 31 at Frawley Hall. There will be raffles, prizes and social games.
Food will be served from 6-9 p.m. and the hall closes at midnight. Must be 21 years old to attend.
Tickets are $25.
At St. Norbert Church, Castle Shannon, a Beat the Winter Blues with an Oldies but Goodies Celebration will take place at 6 p.m. Feb. 8 in the church hall. Johnny Angel and The Halos will perform. Tickets for dinner, entertainment and beverage are $25. Basket raffle and 50/50 raffle are planned. For tickets, call 412-881-1316 or stop in the rectory. No tickets will be sold at the door.
At Our Lady of Grace Church, Scott Township, a weekly Bible study focusing on the readings from Sunday Mass is held 9:45-11 a.m. Tuesdays, through March 4. For more information or to register, call 412-279-7070.
At The Bible Chapel, McMurray, a Night of Worship will be held Jan. 31 at the Washington Campus. Childcare provided up to age 5.
• Kids Resale – consignors wanted with gently used or new kids clothing and toys. Proceeds benefit local pregnancy resource centers.
For more information, visit biblechapel.org.
At Central Assembly of God, Houston, a trip to Lancaster to see the new musical “Moses” is being planned. For an information packet, call 724-746-4900 during 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.