Religion - April 23
At The Bible Chapel, McMurray, Prepare for the Days Ahead women’s conference will take place April 25-26. Kay Arthur will address issues of uncertainty and study God’s Word for answers. Reserved tickets are $60; general admission is $55. For schedule and tickets, visit biblechapel.org/events.
• Christian Life and Wellness Course, 7-9 p.m. April 23-May 7. Understand basic principals, values and methods of evengelistic outreach and prepare for Three Rivers Festival of Hope.
• Sermon series, beginning May 3 and 4 with How You Live is What You Leave: Characters of Influence. Study Kings of the Bible and how their decisions determined their legacies.
• Word FM Ladies Night Out with Anita Renfroe, 5:30-11 p.m. May 9, South Hills Worship Center. Vote for Pittsburgh’s best dessert and browse exhibitor shops. General admission tickets available online at wordfm.com or discounted tickets available in the Chapter 2 Bookstore.
• The ticket presale is currently taking place for Michael W. Smith’s Nov. 13 concert. Tickets will be available for $30 in Chapter 2 Bookstore or at biblechapel.org.
• Save the date – Vacation Bible study “Weird Animals” June 23-27, South Hills campus.
At Calvary Full Gospel Church, Bridgeville/South Fayette, Firelight Fellowship for ages 18-35 will meet at 7 p.m. April 26. For details, call 412-257-1707.
At Christ the Redeemer Anglican Parish, Canonsburg, a support group for cancer survivors, patients and caregivers meets the second Tuesday of each month, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Hot soup will be served. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
At Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, United Methodist Women will hold a fashion show of styles for spring featuring Phyllis’ Fashions at 11:30 a.m. May 3. Silent auction will include themed baskets such as “Chocolate,” “A Night at the Movies,” and “Kitchen items.” Participants may purchase clothing or gift certificates. A portion of each sale will benefit mission projects that serve women, youth and children. Tickets are $20. For details, call 412-835-6621.
At The Church of the Atonement, Carnegie, a Used Book Sale will be held from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. May 2 and 3. Framed art, picture frames, puzzles, unusual items and more will be sold. For details, call 412-279-1944.
At Jesus Fellowship, Bethel Park, a ladies Bible study, a seven-week video series with Priscilla Shirer titled “Jonah – Navigating a Life Interrupted,” will be held 7:30-9 p.m. every other week, through June 16. Workbooks are $12 plus shipping, but are not mandatory to attend. For details, call 412-833-8419.
At Mt. Lebanon U.P. Church, the Christian Life and Witness Course will be held at 7 p.m. April 23, 30 and May 7. Sponsored by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the course is in preparation for the Festival of Hope with Franklin Graham set for Aug. 15-17 at Consol Energy Center. The course is free. For details, call 412-531-3387.
At South Hills Assembly, Bethel Park, new Bible studies, inspirational classes, support for addiction recovery, handling depression, anger management, weight loss and bereavement are planned through June 18. For details, call 412-835-8900.
At St. Benedict the Abbot Church, reservations are being taken for the spring teen retreat hosted by Young Adults, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. April 26. “Detour Destination” will feature Father Boniface Hicks, host of We Are One Body Radio and live music by Scott Blasey, lead singer of The Clarks. T-shirt, Mass with reconciliation, lunch and dinner included. Registration begins at 10 a.m. Parents may attend at 4 p.m. to join the teens for Mass and a talk by Father Boniface. Preregistration cost for teens is $20 or $25 at the door. Parents pay $10. For details, contact Janet Roberto at email@example.com.
At St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, an STM Extravaganza will be held at 6:30 p.m. May 2 in the Family Life Center. Hors d’oeuvres, food stations and endless cookie buffet included along with children’s art auction, silent auction and basket raffle. Cost is $50. Proceeds benefit the FLC. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, the Music & Arts program will present Theatre Musick: Songs from Shakespeare’s Troupe at 7:30 p.m. April 25, featuring mezzo-soprano Barbara Hollinshead and Howard Bass on the lute.
• Luncheon, April 27, featuring a presentation by distinguished Stanford University anthropologist Tanya Luhrmann, author of the New York Times best-seller “When God Talks Back.” A free-will offering will be received.
• Grief Recovery Group meets 6:45-8 p.m. Wednesdays, through April 30 in the Memorial Parlor. To register, call Peg Kinsey at 412-835-6630. Suggested donation, $10.
For details, call 412-835-6630 or visit www.westminster-church.org.