Religion – April 30Published Apr 30, 2014 at 6:00 am (Updated Apr 25, 2014 at 8:41 am)
At the Bible Chapel, McMurray, offers a Christian Life and Wellness Course from 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, through May 7. Understand basic principals, values and methods of evangelistic outreach and prepare for Three Rivers Festival of Hope.
• Sermon series, beginning May 3-4 with How You Live is What You Leave: Characters of Influence. Study Kings of the Bible and how their decisions determined their legacies.
• Word FM Ladies Night Out with Anita Renfroe, 5:30-11 p.m. May 9, South Hills Worship Center. Vote for Pittsburgh’s best dessert and browse exhibitor shops. General admission tickets available online at wordfm.com or discounted tickets available in the Chapter 2 Bookstore.
• The ticket presale is currently taking place for Michael W. Smith’s Nov. 13 concert. A limited number of general admission tickets ($30) and VIP tickets ($40) are available in Chapter 2 Bookstore or online.
• Save the date – Vacation Bible study “Weird Animals” June 23-27, South Hills campus. Early discounted registration now open at biblechapel.org.
At Christ the Redeemer Anglican Parish, Canonsburg, a support group for cancer survivors, patients and caregivers meets the second Tuesday of each month, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Hot soup will be served. Email email@example.com with questions.
• Informal service, 5 p.m. Saturday; traditional service, 8 a.m. Sunday; family service, 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Holy Conversation, 9:15 a.m. through June.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Cancer support, 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month. Soup and conversation.
• To learn about Prayer Shawl Ministry, call Terra Elsberry at 724-745-0685.
At Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, United Methodist Women will hold a fashion show of styles for spring featuring Phyllis’ Fashions at 11:30 a.m. May 3. Silent auction will include themed baskets such as “Chocolate,” “A Night at the Movies” and “Kitchen items.” Participants may purchase clothing or gift certificates. A portion of each sale will benefit mission projects that serve women, youth and children. Tickets are $20. For details, call 412-835-6621.
At Church of the Atonement, Carnegie, a Used Book Sale will be held from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. May 2 and 3. Framed art, picture frames, puzzles, unusual items and more will be sold.
At Community of Christ, Bethel Park, Dinner for a Dollar is planned 5-7 p.m. May 8. Pasta, rolls, salad and dessert for $1 per person or $3 for a family. No reservations needed.
At Jesus Fellowship, Bethel Park, a ladies Bible study, a seven-week video series with Priscilla Shirer titled “Jonah – Navigating a Life Interrupted,” will be held 7:30-9 p.m. every other week, through June 16. Workbooks are $12 plus shipping, but are not mandatory to attend. For details, call 412-833-8419.
At Mt. Lebanon U.P. Church, a Christian Life and Witness Course is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays, through May 7. Sponsored by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the course is in preparation for the Festival of Hope with Franklin Graham set for Aug. 15-17 at Consol Energy Center. The course is free. For details, call 412-531-3387.
At St. Patrick Church, Canonsburg, the Christian Mothers & Women’s Guild will hold its Mother’s Day celebration on May 7 at Rolling Hills Country Club, McMurray. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. Accordion player Frank Gessler will provide dinner music.
At St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, an STM Extravaganza will be held at 6:30 p.m. May 2 in the Family Life Center. Hors d’oeuvres, food stations and endless cookie buffet included along with children’s art auction, silent auction and basket raffle. Cost is $50. Proceeds benefit the FLC. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, the Bible study Prayer will take place at 10 a.m. Thursdays, May 8, 15 and 22. Why do we pray? How do we pray? What does the Bible say about prayer? Free.
For details, call 412-835-6630 or visit www.westminster-church.org.