Religion – May 14
At Baldwin U.M. Church, a bus trip is planned to see “Moses” at the Sight and Sound’s Millenium Theater in Lancaster, Pa., Oct. 14-15. A $100 deposit holds the reservation. For a complete itinerary and cost, call 412-885-4560.
At Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, Paradigm Shift: Transformational Life Teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, a new six-session course by the Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, will be presented at 7:30 p.m. beginning May 14.
The course is a series of local activities in Pittsburgh marking 20 years since the passing of “the Rebbe,” Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson of righteous memory. The course will explore Rabbi Schneerson’s philosophy and outlook, offering participants the chance to see things from a radically different perspective.
Attendees need not be affiliated with a particular synagogue, temple or other house of worship to attend.
To register, call 412-344-2424 or visit www.chabadsh.com.
At Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, a Widow’s Wellness Day, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. May 17. Speakers are Dr. Michele Reiss, PhD, psychotherapist and author of “Lessons in Loss and Living” and Laura Crooks, RN and wellness coach who will present “How to Live With Your Strengths.” Cost is $25. To register, call 412-835-6621.
At the Church of the Atonement, Carnegie, a plant sale will be held from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. May 17.
At Peters Creek Presbyterian Church, a strawberry festival will be held at 6 p.m. May 30. The cost is $10 for adults, $5 for children, $8 for seniors and $4 for dessert only. The menu includes fried chicken, roast beef, sides and strawberry shortcake. Proceeds to benefit missions.
At South Hills Assembly, Bethel Park, Bethel Music Concert will be held at 7 p.m. May 22. Tickets are available at www.bethelmusic.com.
• “Creation” Concert with youth and leaders, 7 p.m. May 23. Proceeds will benefit youth and children’s ministry trips. Tickets are $5.
• Beginner guitar lessons with Pastor Paul Housman begin on May 20 for six weeks. Cost is $48. Call Pastor Paul Boisvert to register.
• New Bible studies, inspirational classes, support for addiction recovery, handling depression, anger management, weight loss and bereavement are planned through June 18. For details, call 412-835-8900.
• Lunch bunch for senior adults (65+) will be held at noon May 15. Cost is $6 for lunch and bible study.
At St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Finleyville, the John Paul the Great Columbiette Auxiliary 13832 will hold a Bunco Mania Party with prizes, lunch and Chinese auction at 1 p.m. May 18. Bunco consists of players rolling dice and accumulating “wins” or “Buncos.” Cost is $20. To register, call Mary Ann at 724-348-9009.
At Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, the Bible study Prayer will take place at 10 a.m. Thursdays, May 15 and 22. Why do we pray? How do we pray? What does the Bible say about prayer? Free.
• Inquirers’ Class, 9 a.m. May 17. Explore what it means to be a faithful follower of Christ in the Presbyterian tradition.
• Blood drive, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. May 18.
• Organ Recital, 3 p.m. May 18. James Burns on organ with soprano Sara Botkin. A varied program ranging from the dramatic music of Nicolaus Bruhns to the jazz-inspired harmonies of William Bolcom.
For details, call 412-835-6630.