Peters Township denies music permit for Giant Eagle
Peters Township Council Meeting
Peters Township Council voted 6-1 to deny a special permit request by Giant Eagle to hold acoustic live music at its Market District Express location in the township. Council member Meghan Jones-Rolla was the dissenting vote.
Giant Eagle had requested a special permit to hold live music from 4-9 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday from July 4-Sept. 30 on the patio at the Market District Express along Route 19. Adam Golomb of Giant Eagle was on hand at the meeting and told the council the music would have been limited to acoustic guitar and piano with no more than two performers at the same time.
Prior to the vote to deny the special permit, several residents who live near the business expressed concern over noise.
“We are avidly against having outdoor live music,” said John Knabb, who said he lives directly behind the Market District Express.
Pat Pajer who also lives near the store, said the hill behind it “acts like an amphitheater” when it comes to music and noise. “We just ask Giant Eagle and council to consider the neighbors. The last thing we need is more noise,” she said.
In other business:
• Council approved a special permit for COB Collection for its annual tent sale from July 17-19.
• Council approved sewage planning modules for the Carousel Plan of Lots of Johnston Road.
• Council approved the final plat of the Orchard Hill Plan No. 3 and 4 for the Wadwell Group.
• Council approved a bid for the Hofbauer Field Fence replacement project. The bid was awarded to Peter J. Caruso and Sons in the amount of $32,645.
• Council approved the payment of bills which included $198,000 for a new fire truck and $94,000 for a new mower.