Week of July 2
Calvary Full Gospel Assembly of God, Bridgeville, will offer a Selah Dance Summer Camp July 14-18 at the church. For more information, call the church at 412-257-1707.
Little Lake’s Theatre Arts Summer Camp is for area kids and teens who want to explore their interest in acting. The first session is from 9:30 a.m.-noon July 14-26 and the second is 9:30 a.m.-noon July 28-Aug. 9. Campers will receive training from adult professionals in areas of acting that include character and scene study, the rehearsal process, vocal projection, movement and other skills that build stage confidence. The camp culminates in a special showcase performance for family and friends. To enroll, call 724-745-6300 or visit www.littlelake.org.
The Outdoor Classroom, Upper St. Clair, offers the following summer camps for kids:
• Bullfrogs & Pollywogs Camp, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesdays, July 9, 16, 23, 30 and Aug. 6. Participate in one session or all five. Each day includes a craft, story time, a nature hike and exploration. Topic: Critters.
• EcoKids Camp, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. July 21-25 for children ages 7-10. Each day includes hiking, a craft, games, snack and other activities. Topic: Feathered Friends.
• Seasonal Scientist Series Camp, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. July 28-Aug. 1 for children ages 8-12. Topic: Birds.
For more information or to register, visit www.outdoorclassroompa.org.
Nature-based summer camps for ages 2-7 are planned in July and August at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
• Little Sprouts for ages 2-3: My Five Senses and We Like Dirt.
• Seedling Scientists for ages 4-5: A Bug’s World and Groovin’ in the Garden.
• Budding Botanists for ages 6-7: Art Outside and Plant Your Plate.
For more information, call 412-441-4442.
St. David Christian Early Learning Center, Venetia, has opened registrations for Kamp David Summer Mini Camps, Mondays and Wednesdays in July. Art, recreation, science and discovery programs are open to ages 1-12. Call 724-413-0490 for registration information.
BOZ the Bear
Westminster Prebyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, will offer Summer Camp with BOZ the Bear 9:30-noon Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, July 21-Aug. 1 for ages 2-5. BOZ will entertain, educate and inspire preschoolers with stories and songs. Visit www.westminster-church.org or call 412-835-6630 to register.
An art, music and drama camp for children will take place from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Aug. 4-8 at View Crest Presbyterian Church, Eighty Four. All children, from beginner to advanced, will grow in their love of art, instrumental and vocal music and drama as they spend a week with qualified instructors. Cost is $55 ($45 for each additional child per family), which includes a healthy lunch. Class size is limited, so early registration is suggested online at viewcrestchurch.org.
Horses Unlimited, South Park, will hold two Pony Camps during the 2014 summer season for beginner riders age 5-10. No experience necessary. Activities at each four-day camp, held 10 a.m.-2 p.m. each day, include: learning to groom (and bathe), saddle, bridle and ride a pony; how to feed and care for horses; “horsey” arts and crafts; and blacksmith and veterinary demonstrations. Each camp is limited to 12 children. Fee per camp is $295 per child. To register or for more information, call 412-835-7726.