Week of Aug. 27
At Calvary Full Gospel Assembly of God Church, Bridgeville, Prayer Nights are held at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Mondays of each month.
• Ladies Bible study: “Just Like Jesus” by Max Lucado, 10 a.m.-noon Tuesdays. No babysitting available. Call for information.
• Special Worship Evening, 7 p.m. Sept. 7.
• New Wednesday Evening Classes begin Sept. 10 and include: Royal Rangers for boys; Impact for girls; women will study “Children of the Day” by Beth Moore (video and live lessons); men will start special classes.
For more information or to register for any event, call 412-257-1707.
At Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, a Hebrew School of the Arts for children ages 4-13 is offered. Classes are held Sundays, beginning Sept. 7. Discover and explore kosher cooking, musical opportunities and unique and fascinating crafts. Small classes, individual attention, affordable rates. No membership or affiliation required. For more information or to register, call 412-344-2424, or visit www.chabadsh.com.
At Christ Community Church of the South Hills, services are held at 10 a.m. Sundays at Eisenhower Elementary School, Upper St. Clair. For more information, visit www.christcommunitychurch.me.
At Christ United Methodist Church, Bethel Park, the Christ U. M. Church Women will sponsor a program on Human Trafficking at 10:30 a.m. Sept. 11. Sister Jeanette Bussen, coordinator of Justice and Peace Ministry for the Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden, Pa., will share her knowledge. A lunch will be served after the program. The program is free, but the cost for lunch is $9. RSVP online at www.christumc.net, or call 412-835-6621.
At Grace Community Church, Bridgeville, a Community Connection will be held at 10:45 a.m. Sept. 7, featuring special guest, four-time Super Bowl champion and former Steeler Jon Kolb. A cookout will follow the service.
At St. Bernard Parish, Mt. Lebanon, an 11-week Bible study on the Book of Revelation will be held 7-9 p.m. Mondays, Sept. 8-Nov. 24 in Clairvaux Hall. Each class includes small group discussion and an hour video. No past Bible study is required. DVD host Jeff Cavins explores Revelation to demonstrate how the Kingdom established by Christ in His Church is intimately connected with the Kingdom of Heaven, especially through the celebration of the Mass. Registration takes place through Sept. 7 at a cost of $35. Make checks payable to St. Bernard and mail to or drop off at the church office, 311 Washington Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15216. For more information, contact Julianna at 412-531-0559 or email@example.com.
• Stephen Ministry Introductory Workshop will take place on Sept. 13 for area congregations seeking to learn more about implementing this transformative lay Christian caregiving ministry in their churches. Sponsored by Stephen Ministries, the St. Louis-based Christian training organization that works to equip lay people to minister in one-to-one Christian caring to people in need, the half-day, three-session workshop is designed to help churches catch a vision for strengthening their caring ministry. Attendees will also participate in a sample Stephen Ministry training module. Cost of the workshop is $15/person or $50/group of four or more from the same congregation. For more information, contact Tisha Bridges, pastoral associate at St. Bernard Church, at 412-440-2681 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At St. Patrick Church, Canonsburg, the Christian Mothers and Guild will begin its new year with a meeting and Meet & Greet in the cafeteria at 7 p.m. Sept. 3. Women interested in learning more about this organization are welcome to attend. Members and guests will make holiday cards for patients at Veterans Hospital in Pittsburgh.
• Those scheduled to attend the Light-Up Night evening in Pittsburgh on Nov. 21 must have their fare paid by Sept. 3. Make checks for $105 payable to Loretta Kulakowski.
• The next Christian Mothers board meeting has been rescheduled for Sept. 10.
At South Hills Assembly, Bethel Park, Wings of Eagles Motorcycle Ministry will hold a Breakfast Run on Sept. 1, then ride to Shanksville on Sept. 6. All rides depart SHA at 8:45 a.m. (weather permitting). Call Tom at 412-716-6510.
• Community Womens’ Bible Study Fellowship, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Sept. 5 in the Multi-Purpose Room, hosted by Pastor Sue Willis with a variety of teachers/speakers. Light refreshments. Childcare provided.
At South Hills Church of the Nazarene, located on Library Road in Bethel Park, the fall session of the DivorceCare support group will be held from 7-9 p.m. Thursdays, beginning Sept. 4. Meetings will conclude Dec. 11. DivorceCare features a video every week prior to discussion with nationally recognized experts on divorce and recovery topics. Seminar sessions include “Facing My Anger,” “Facing My Loneliness,” “Depression,” “New Relationships,” “KidCare” and “Forgiveness.” Cost of $20 includes a workbook. Limited scholarships are available for those who are unable to pay. Babysitting will not be available. For more information, call the church at 412-831-6333.