Week of Sept. 3Published Sep 3, 2014 at 6:25 am (Updated Aug 29, 2014 at 10:34 am)
Washington Financial awards scholarships
Washington Financial awarded 10 scholarships to help local students offset the costs of higher education through the Washington Financial Charitable Foundation. This year’s recipients from the South Hills are:
• Andrew J. Grosso, a graduate of Peters Township High School. Through the St. Benedict the Abbot Church, he has volunteered with Habitat for Humanity, the soup kitchen and Villa Maria Farms. Andrew will study aerospace engineering at Virginia Tech.
• Kaitlin McCracken, a graduate of Bishop Canevin High School, volunteered more than 300 hours as a junior volunteer at the Washington Hospital. Kaitlin will study mathematics at Washington and Jefferson College.
• Kyle Gregory Mottola, a graduate of Peters Township High School, donates his time with the Boy Scouts of America, National Honor Society and Bridgeville Brass. Kyle will study engineering at the University of Dayton.
• Rachel Rozak, a graduate of Canon-McMillan High School, volunteers as a candy striper at Canonsburg General Hospital and serves dinners at St. Patrick Parish. Rachel will study pre-physical therapy at the University of Pittsburgh.
• Olivia Vanistendael, a graduate of Peters Township High School, is actively involved with the National Honor Society and Girl Scouts of America. Olivia will study engineering at North Carolina State University.
The other five recipients included Savannah Ammons, Washington High School graduate; Alexa Kostyak, Trinity High School graduate; Amy Russell, McGuffey High School graduate; Haley Sutton, Chartiers-Houston High School graduate; and Antonio “Tug” Tatano, Chartiers-Houston High School graduate.
To learn more about Washington Financial’s scholarship opportunities, visit mywashingtonfinancial.com.
More than 140 colleges and universities will participate in the North Pittsburgh College Fair, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 6 at La Roche College’s Kerr Fitness & Sports Center in the North Hills. Admission and parking are free. For more information, contact the Office of Freshman Admissions at La Roche College at 412-536-1272 or email@example.com. For a complete list of participating institutions, visit laroche.edu.